The Town Clerks office provides Notary services as a courtesy. Town employees who serve as Notaries do not receive additional compensation
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of Notary Service:
- Notary services are available during regular business hours.
- Notary services are limited to: Retirement benefits, student/parent travel permission slips, witness signing an affidavit, True Copy Attest of an original document, certified copies of black and white documents
- We will notarize proof of life documents for both local and foreign pensions
- All notarized documents must be signed in front of the notary and proper identification must be provided
- Believes stocks need to be notarized with a gold medallion seal which is done at a bank with someone who holds these credentials.
- We will not notarize any document pertaining to a land transaction, as we cannot act like a closing attorney for the sale of a property
- We do not notarize real estate documents or closings
- We do not notarize any forms that may go in front of a court of law
- We do not notarize wills, as prepared by an attorney or personally
- Documents in any language other than English will not be notarized
- We have the right to decline when uncomfortable with the content of the documents